31 May 2008

A week to remember

So this was my first week on maternity leave. It was also the last week Duane went away for work until the babies are born. It is a bit of a culture shock to go from a job which revolves around interaction with others to sitting at home. I have been worried about how I was going to cope with this 'being at home' as often enough when Duane is away I seem to get nothing done and the house turns into chaos. Not this week tho, and I'm pretty proud of it.

I've been trying to plan every day. Not in detail, but just write down a small list of things I want to do in a day and then do them during the day. Every day I achieved atleast 2/3rd of the list I had written down so all in all it was a productive week.

On Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat. On Thursday this got worse, and now I have the worst cold I've had in quite some time. This is no fun at all. I've not been sick this pregnancy at all, and with the limited sleep, and breathing problems, bladder restrictions and stuff it is enough to make me extremely edgy.

None of the above was the biggest thing this week tho.
On Thursday morning Oma ten Wolde passed away (my grandmother). She has been sick for quite a while and treatment was not really helping her anymore. In a way it is good as she deserves the rest she has now, but it sucks majorly. I can't fly home for the funeral because I'm too far along in my pregnancy. She will be missed.

No comments: