22 May 2008

Maternity leave

Ok, so I gave in. I went on maternity leave a week early. Last friday was my last day at work. I was so tired so often, and besides that I felt totally useless with my replacement doing a great job. Mimi, one of my friends at work, organised a morning tea for my farewell, and that was fun. There was so much food left over that we had an afternoon tea as well.

So what do I think of maternity leave? I'm not too sure yet. It is easier on the body, thats forsure. But it is weird not to be working. Its kinda like you've been put in a holding pattern. I know I should rest and enjoy as I'm going to be busy enough soon enough. Just that this 'sitting still' isn't really my thing.

It is also giving me time to think about what I want to do next. Do I want to stay in the line of work I'm doing now? or do I want to try my hand at something different? I don't know yet and I guess I have a few months to figure it out.
Financially it is scary not to work. I'm sure we'll be ok, but its just very overwhelming at times.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments: