11 April 2008

Memory faults and other issues

If you asked me what do you dislike most about being pregnant I'd have to say "the loss of memory"... Eventhough, if I am absolutely 100% honest, my lac of remembering things started WAY before falling pregnant. Still it has increased and this is a known 'pregnancy problem' so that'll be my answer.

So how do I fight it? Lists... lots and lots of lists. Sometimes I forget to write one of the lists, but I figure, it can't be that important anyway. So what are the latest lists I've written? Our cleaning schedule, our hardware-to-purchase-before-the-babies-come list and a shopping list.
The cleaning schedule thing has caused a lot of entertainment at the lunchtable at work. People seem to think I'm a tat anal about this. So I am.. It helps me to work out what I need to do, aspecially with those things that you don't do every week and/or month (like cleaning out the pantry, linnen cupboard, mending clothes etc).

If you are interested, drop me a line and I'll send you an example ;)

The 100% truthful answer to the question "What do you like least about being pregnant" are the limitations. Both the realistic ones and the ones imposed by others (and not adhered to). The realistic ones make me feel like I have to appologise because I'm being a slacker for not being able to do something I'm normally quite capable of. The limitations imposed by others simply piss me off. I have to defend what I do, and I can't be myself often as I am so totally fed up with this type of conversations: "You can't do XYZ"... (me) "Why not?"...(them)"You're Pregnant"...(me) "what does that have to do with anything?" I really would like to know where this idea comes fromt that pregnant women loose the ability to be responsible and to think for themselves. It is freekin' annoying. Oh and while we are on that subject, I'd really appreciate it if people would stop and think before saying anything. I don't know where the idea comes from, but really our babies long-term well-being is one of our most important concerns. HOWEVER, this does NOT involve wrapping them in cotton wool, it involves protecting them when they need protecting, teaching them the skills they need to be responsible adults. This includes dealing with disappointments and failure, and letting them make their own mistakes however hard that may be. So, on that note: Yes we have two cats, Yes they are 100% indoor cats, No we will not 'ban' them from the house, and it is really none of anyones business how we will manage this situation. just rest assured that we will do what we need to guarantee our babies safety, but we will do it OUR way.

OK enough negativety:
I just realised I haven't updated you on my last docs appointment: All is going well, and I'm now allowed to have a vaginal birth *YEY*. I much prefer this option as the recovery times are usually a lot less. Things might change yet, but we'll take it as it comes. The nursery now has novulon, the walls are painted and the built-in cupboard has inserts. We'll see if we put up the cots and change-table today or next weekend, it doesn't matter all that much yet.

Ok, fog outside is clearing and the sun is coming out... Have a blast everyone... until next time!

No comments: