26 August 2008

My birthday

Well, It happened again: I've managed to stay on this planet whilst it did a full circuit around the sun. That is 36 in total so far. The good news is: I don't feel any different at all.

A few weeks ago Duane asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I just laughed and said: I'd love to have some people around, but it'll have to be inbetween feeds, as that won't stop, not even for my birthday. So he invited most of our friends to come to our place on Saturday and spend the afternoon between 2:30 and 7:30.

I got the best birthday present a few days before the event when I asked Duane how many people had said they were coming on Saturday. In total we had 30 people RSVP. *yikes* I didn't even realise we knew that many people.....

Anyways, I had a wonderful afternoon and got exactly what I wanted for my birthday :) A wonderful memory of my first birthday as a mama. So everyone who was there to make it such a wonderful day: Thank You. You made me feel really special and loved and I wish I could repay you for that as it is a wonderful feeling.

There is only one slight pet peeve.......
What is it with people nowadays... some people RSVP that they are coming, and then proceed not to show up without any notice whatsoever. Is it just me, or do others find this bad manners too? There are a few repeat offenders and at the last function we had a lot higher numbers at the RSVP and I had lots of food prepared... that party only half the people who said they'd come showed and I had to throw so much out.....

Anyways, enough negativity... more importantly: it was Emma and Caitlins 2 month birthday too :)

Have a good week everyone, I'll try to update again next week.

1 comment:

Alibongo said...

definitely bad manners to say you are coming and not show up!

Thanks for a great afternoon/evening!!