10 March 2008

Feeling special

Geez I've been slack. I haven't updated the blog for quite a while. For those of you whom read Duanes blog, you already know about the minor dramas from last week. I don't feel like talking about those so if you want to know, check it there :).

Pregnancy wise whats happened since my last post. I'm 22 weeks pregnant this week. Last week I started feeling clear movements, and I have to say that is great. Finally past this stage where you just have to 'trust' that everything is going ok. I still firmly beleive that the inability to have a peep-hole where you can just check all is going well is a purposeful design 'feature' with the sole aim to stress out expectant mums-to-be. Movement means life means more-or-less ok-ish. Its the "hey you are now past most of the risk-stages, so we can now start giving you more reasurance" feature of pregnancy. Numbers: I've put on about 5 kgs so far, so thats just under about a kg a month. Doctors are happy and thats all that counts. I'm still not showing overly much, but atleast there is some tummy-action now :). But enough waffling about this.

I've been making sure I 'rub' vitamine E cream on my belly nearly every evening since someone mentioned this option to me. Not that I'm worried about stretch-marks, I don't really care honestly, They kinda are a type of 'battle scar' to wear with pride *grins*. I just remember really well that after my last laperoscopy I had stretchmarks which were awfully bruised and actually quite sore. I wanted to try to prevent some of that (the discomfort).

Anyways, tonight I decided it was time to go to bed earlyish and did my 'normal' rub stuff in my belly skin' thing (I forget it often...). As I was rubbing this stuff in, I felt both babies kinda "roll" under my hands. One on the left size of my tummy, the other on my right side. So I called Duane into the bedroom and had him repeat the motion and he could feel both his babies move against his hand. He has felt some tiny kicks before, but this was the first real clear movement he has felt. It was such a special moment, very difficult to describe. The look on his face was so lovely and beautiful, I don't think I've ever loved him more. He is going to make such an amazing daddy. It must be weird for the daddies, atleast as mummy-to-be you get some warning on whats going on, body changes etc..... daddies know its happening because they are told, but I don't know when it becomes "real".

Both of us started this pregnancy not being extremely happy about it, more scared than anything, not daring to hope that this would actually happen. Now I guess we're both at the point where we're both starting to feel comfortable with the 'being happy' about expecting, in our case, two babies. It still seems extremely surreal most of the time tho......

No comments: